Careers at Schumacher Insurance Agency
Schumacher strives to be a premier insurance agency, focusing on producer and client relationships. We excel at cultivating relationships with businesses of all sizes.
After 35 years in the business, we know what it takes to provide the back-end service to support our producers, and can back it up with our extensive list of partner carriers.
Our tight-knit staff, open work environment and corporate culture make Schumacher a place you will love to work at!
WE ARE NOW HIRING:
Commercial Lines Protection Specialist
Are you passionate about making a difference and impacting the lives of business owners in the community? As a Commercial Lines Protection Specialist, you will aid clients with insurance servicing needs and make changes to existing accounts to protect their largest investments.
This qualified team member must perform job functions according to the company service, quality, marketing and sales delivery standards. They will spend about half of their time talking to clients or insurance company personnel to gather and distribute information while solving problems. Other time will be spent on administrative and organizational work.
Most importantly, this hire will educate and make sure our clients understand the terms of their coverage. They will advise our clients on risk management, and how to reduce and avoid the need to make a claim. If there are complaints or issues that arise, they need to handle them appropriately and negotiate favorable outcomes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as an efficient team with agency producers or directly with clients to assemble, market and place coverage for new clients
- Assist clients with making coverage decisions and using each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, round it and market
- Provide technical support to producers to benefit clients and reach producer and agency’s strategic business goals
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules, proposals and applications as needed for account review in coordination with the producers
- Submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers
- Obtain client signatures on all applications and follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Renew policies following agency standards, verify each renewal’s accuracy and ensure they are processed
- Re-market renewals, contact clients, create renewal proposals and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the producers
- Additional renewal activities include 60-day advance account review for marketing, mailing renewal letters to insured for updates, making ACORD application updates, processing loss runs requested and submitting accounts 90 days prior to the renewal
- Produce binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items for clients, including verifying their accuracy using an established agency checklist
- Maintain and update files in the agency management system
- Verify policies and change information, including billed cancellations, and facilitate corrections when necessary
- Process incoming email and mail requests, responding promptly and appropriately
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations, act to save accounts and notify producers according to agency standards
We are Seeking a Candidate Who:
- Enjoys working with people
- Has a personality and patience
- Proactively collects the appropriate information from clients and prospects
- Is a good listener and talker
- Is patient, determined and diplomatic
- Has good social skills
- Acts as a moderator for different parties
- Has the ability to say no
- Possess time management skills and is technology-driven
- Can take criticism from others
- Provides constructive input to resolve problems
- NJ Property and Casualty license
- 5 years of experience in the insurance industry
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficient in AMS360
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Contact Schumacher Insurance Agency, Inc. for immediate and confidential consideration. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to tell her you found this opportunity on their website!